Recent Posts

Friday, May 14, 2010

A Special Rose...

The vibrant, sunny color of the yellow rose is reputed to evoke feelings of warmth and happiness. The warm feelings associated with the yellow rose are often akin to those shared with a true friend. As such, the yellow rose is an ideal symbol for joy and friendship.

This all explained by Pro Flowers online.  Sigh.  I would have said the same thing. I just rediscovered a very special Rose, after 35 years.  How wonderful.  

Rosemary was my run around fun friend, my scheming friend, my friend in the best of times and in those awful...break up with the boyfriend...times in high school. Yep, my yellow rose was...Rose !!

Well, time was kind to us as we don't look a bit over 18 then eh? ....check us out.  We met up in Washington DC this week and acquainted the hubbies as well.  There was so much to talk about, and so many new things, that it will take us, undoubtedly, 35 more years to catch up.  And that we will certainly plan to do.





These two are simply pretty stuff!!  If you haven't visited for awhile, go to it....and gather some of your high school memories to make an absolutely beautiful momento charm or ornament.  We did!!

2 comments :

Rosie said...

Nothing better than to "renew" a friendship - it was as though it was just yesterday. Lynne made it even more special with surprise holiday ornaments - one of them is my husband with a big old bass he caught and the others were our kitty kats. Now I have new ideas for upcoming CHristmas gifts later this year.

I'm lucky to have a very good friend like Lynne - she is a rare person with beauty, humor and such care. Many facets to Lynne. Explore her site and you will see all the creativity she has!

Always,
The Yellow Rose of Fairfax

Char said...

Hi Lynn
YOu two really dont look a day over 18!! Its wonderful to hear the great news that you got reaquainted!! Rose told me and she was so excited. I cant even believe that you both also have mucho kitties too. I love your website.
LOve
Char(Roses youngest I mean oldest sister

Post a Comment