Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

ART PROJECT SHARE 1: SALT SHAKER CHIC

Art Project Share 1: Salt Shaker Chic
Inspiration, images and tips

By Lynne Suprock

I began soldering in 2002 because I wanted a stained glass window piece for my home. Once I began designing and cutting the glass I was hooked.  

Soldering glass shifted to making creative mixed media with a focus on jewelry. One of the things I enjoyed making along the way were small bottles as vessel necklaces. 

Also, along my art journey, I came to know the Art Girlz, Tracy and Allison Stilwell, and ordered many of their beautiful pewter charms a few years back. I particularly liked the little faces and was excited to use them in some of my soldered jewelry.  

Sadly Allison passed away in May 2014. Her sister Tracy, and partner Midge Baudouin, continue to celebrate her life and art.   Allison's philosophy in life was to spend time doing what you love. So, in that creative spirit, these pieces were designed and made in celebration of life and in doing what you love.





SOME TIPS:  What makes these little glass necklaces so yummy is the last step.  An icing like coating is made with Amazing White Casting Resin. This product, by ACP, is a quick setting, two part resin.  Then by adding just one drop of colorant when mixing part A and part B, the coating will be almost translucent.  
After dipping its bottom into the resin and letting excess drip away, make sure to set the salt shaker bottle onto a non~stick surface.

Follow me on FB where you can instant message me with any questions.  

Stay tuned for Segment Three with more stories, images, and tips throughout the weeks and months ahead. 






0 comments :

Post a Comment