Recent Posts

Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Interview With Art & Soul Artist And Radio Host, Lesley Riley

Lesley Riley 


Lesley has done it all!  She wrote a book, created instructional DVD's, and  had introduced Transfer Artist Paper™ affectionately known as TAP™,  the state of the art technology for iron-on transfers to fabric a couple years back.  We are so very lucky to have this creative diva in our midst!  I loved t his quote of hers found on her blog:  http://www.lesleyriley.com/weblog/
 
Lesley feels, "There's magic in art. Making art makes us happy. Creating fulfills the eternal longing of the soul. Our soul craves expression. Art is the soul made visible. I create and show my art so that others can get to know the real me. Through my art I hope to inspire others and share the magic."

Sign up for Lesley's class at Art & Soul,   



VA156 - TAP into Exploration (5 Spaces Remaining) 


What 4 tools can't you live without? 


Four tools? That gives me freedom of choice!


#1 will be my hands. No matter what I'm doing I am going to need those. And I can't resist getting my fingers in the paint when I am painting.

#2 would have to be a needle as I usually make my mark with thread

#3 = TAP Transfer Artist Paper so I could transfer my favorite images and text on almost any surface I choose to work on.

#4 is going to be a practical choice - my scissors!


Do you have a favorite technique?


There are so many to choose from but if I look back over the years I think it is obvious that my favorite technique is transferring images. There is very little (if any!) of my work that does not have a transferred image or text on it.

Where do you get inspiration from?


I am driven by a desire to translate beauty, memory, color and the things that hold wonder for me into work that evokes similar feelings for others. That drive is my inspiration.

Tell us about a current project, what challenges are facing you in bringing your vision into reality?


While I still make art it has really taken a back seat to my driving passion and current project, which is to make things happen for other artists. When I "went public" with my art 12 years ago, my main focus was to inspire other women to uncover their creativity and discover their own artistic voice. I spent my first 40+ years trying to do that myself, and I wanted to do everything I could to make sure other women didn't miss out on the joy and sense of completeness that I had discovered through my art.


Sharing that passion has propelled me on a journey and such an amazing career as an artist. Rather than share the how-to to create the art, I now share the how-to to create the artist. I want everyone to reach the level of success they aspire to with their art.


What challenges do I face in bringing that vision into reality? Having the time and the means to get my message out into the world. So thank you, Cheryl, for this opportunity to spread the word some more.

After art, what is your passion?


My family is my noisy, outgoing, energy draining passion. Reading + gathering knowledge and then writing and sharing that knowledge is my quiet, alone, energy creating passion. I can never get enough of either one. 

Leave a comment related to the last interview question Lesley answered. 


On Jan 31, I will pull a random generator number, and that lucky person wins the jammed-packed-full-of-goodness ephemera pack!

Make sure your email address is current, so I can contact you, and get your prize to you.  

Prize donated by Artistic Artifacts....
Looky here!

My interview is next!! check it out on Christine Atkins blog tomorrow and be sure to leave a comment!
http://www.christineatkinsart.blogspot.com
 
If you missed yesterday's artist interview and your chance to leave a comment there and qualify to win a prize, just quick go to
http://www.lesleyriley.com/weblog 
and catch the interview of artist Cheryl Strait.




6 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am taking the TAP class and after reading this interview, I'm more than anxious to learn from Lesley! Can't wait to meet her!

Corinne said...

I had a class from Lesley and I want More! And I've done her Artist Success program which was wonderful. My passions are pretty similar - family is first and making stuff second. Doesn't matter what I make, I love process!

Traci Johnson said...

I love Lesley's insight and all that she does! Thanks for this great opportunity, it's so much fun to blog hop.

Creative Soul Juice - Hobby Parent said...

I'm loving these interviews too! Thanks Lynne & Leslie - just connected with you on Twitter. ~Hobby

KittyKwilter said...

I took Lesley's journal class at a quilt show. It was wonderful. I'd love to take another class from her. Her journal insights are very valuable.

Lisa Chin said...

Great interview! Like you my greatest passion after art, or perhaps it is actually before art is my family. I'd be a very boring person without them!

Post a Comment