Recent Posts

Monday, March 30, 2015

Moss Sanctuary For Frozen Charlotte in The Fall Issue Of Jewelry Affaire

Moss Sanctuary For Frozen Charlotte in The Fall Issue Of Jewelry Affaire


I just loved making these little reliquaries for my porcelain dolls.  I even got a little gutsy and made wings for the little Charlottes that were really broken.  Somehow that seemed to make them special.


 These little pieces remind me of another sculpted iconic woman from the novel Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil.  A few years ago, I had visited the cemetery where this bird girl stood.  I was enthralled and her vision remains with me, so I guess this is a little tribute to her....




My recollection of her image is in several pieces that I made for this fall issue of 
Jewelry Affaire Magazine.
They are on little necklaces with coordinating slumped glass beads. 

There is even a pouch for each of them for sleeping!  OK, that was worth a giggle....

1 comments :

jEaN said...

Beautiful, Lynne, as always!

Post a Comment