Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Art Is You Festivities

New Friends Made & Tons of Fun Had At 
Art Is You

I had so much fun and excitement vending at Art Is You this year.  My most popular items this year were the tiaras of course and the perfume bottle necklaces.

There were stellar workshops with Thomas Ashman, Richard Salley, Ruth Rae, Annie Hess, Dianna Trout, and the list goes on....

Etching metal, making rivets, designing journals, creating dolls.......all this and more.

For me, vending at the event was so inspiring.  Being among those with such wonderful talent and creations was humbling.  I loved meeting people who I had only once read about at some point in my creative field tripping that I get to selfishly do on those rainy or off days.

One special new friend, Ruth Rae, www.ruthrae.blogspot.com 
was one such iconic woman.  Just love her writing and creative design ideas.  Her easy embroidering style on soft cloth and how she incorporates metal, found objects and cloth definitely had the ahhhh factor for me.  I was so excited to make a trade of one of my perfume bottle necklaces with her metal disc rings.  I oogled those rings for a whole day before actually getting to wear one.  : )  Look for her rings in the next issue of Belle Armoire Jewelry Magazine.  You will just have to get one of your own!   Bling ~a ~bling ~bling.

Here are some photos of all the excitement from the weekend.  Enjoy!



0 comments :

Post a Comment